School of Engineering
To prepare you for a smooth transition to university studies, the School of Engineering (SENG) has tailor-made a series of events for you. It is important that you attend ALL the events according to your type of admission (JUPAS/local, non-JUPAS/non-local).
All Engineering Students will belong to one of the nine clans during their first-year of study. The nine clans are Vulcan, Skyscrapines, Skyscrapers, Rengine, Magnum Opus, Hexagon, Ginius, Ford and Pioneers. Students will select their clans via online.
In addition, there are University induction activities and other important action items. Please refer to the CHECKLISTS for JUPAS Students, Local Students (other qualifications) and International/ Non-local Students. Students with a major will receive information directly from your department.
Students are welcome to access academic advising services from the following sessions and channels.
Aug 2 Thu (15:00-16:30 at LT-E) Academic Advising Talk for local
Aug 8 Wed Students may attend an Advising Talk before the Online Course Registration (10:30 – 11:30 or 14:30 – 15:30 at LT-J)
Aug 8 & 9 Wed & Thu (10:00-17:00 at Engineering Commons) Walk-in consultation for JUPAS/ local students
Aug 8 & 9 Wed & Thu (10:00-17:00) Online Course Registration and Advising at sengreg.ust.hk for all SENG new students who have confirmed their offers. *Skipping this session might affect your study progress.
Aug 24 Fri (10:00-11:30 at LT-J) Academic Advising Talk for
Peer Mentoring Program
Aug 23 or 24 Thu or Fri (to be notified by the peer mentor of your clan) All new SENG
School Welcome and Orientation
Aug 27 Mon (10:00 - 17:00 at S.H. Ho Sports Hall) School Welcome and Orientation for all new SENG
Tel: (852) 2358 5935 / (852) 2358 5937
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements
Please refer to the Adverse Weather Arrangements page for general conditions.
- all activities will remain as scheduled.
In the case the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal is lowered/ Black Rainstorm Signal is cancelled before 12 noon:
- Aug 2 (Thu) will be rescheduled to Aug 3 (Fri)
- Aug 8 & 9 (Wed & Thu) (Walk-in consultation) will resume at 2pm
- Aug 23 or 24 (Thu & Fri) will refer to the peer mentor of your clan for information;
- Aug 24 (Fri) will resume at 2pm
In case of adverse weather requiring events to be cancelled, all SENG events and activities scheduled on
- Aug 2 (Thu) will be rescheduled to Aug 3 (Fri);
- Aug 8 (Wed) (Advising Talk) will be rescheduled to Aug 9 (Thu) (morning session only);
- Aug 8 & 9 (Wed & Thu) (online consultation) will remain as scheduled;
- Aug 23 or 24 (Wed & Thu) will refer to the peer mentor of your clan for information;
- Aug 24 (Fri) will be rescheduled to Aug 28 (Tue)(10:00-11:00, at Room 4619, via Lift 31/32)
Important note: SENG Welcome and Orientation (Aug 27) will be CANCELLED in case the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 is lowered / Black Rainstorm Warning signal is cancelled after