International, Mainland, Taiwan & Macau Students
Welcome all International, Mainland, Taiwan and Macau students. Hope you have a smooth transition and feel at home at HKUST and Hong Kong. The checklist should help you identify useful and important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
Important item checklist for International, Mainland, Taiwan & Macau students
The checklist should help you identify important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
All new students are also invited to attend various Enrichment Talks, Tours and Workshops.
Jul - Aug
- Activate your HKUST network/ ITSC account at myaccount.ust.hk (refer to email notification)
- Attend Academic Advising & Peer Mentoring sessions (these sessions are very useful and critical for your class pre-enrolment; refer also to respective Schools' orientation information, SBM, SSCI, SENG, SHSS, IPO & individual email notifications for details; absence from these sessions may affect your study progress)
Jul 3-12 Apply Student Accommodation (students who miss the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aug 19 Check-in @Student Residence Hall (10:00 onwards)
Aug 19-21 Airport Pick-up Service
Aug 20-21 Complete Program Registration and Collect of Student Card in person
Aug 20 onwards Check class pre-enrollment results via "Student Centre" in myPortal
Aug 23 Attend Orientation for Non-local Students at LT-A (09:30 - 11:00)
Aug 23 Enroll first term classes via myPortal
Aug 29 Attend "On Your Mark! Get Set!" (for International students)
Aug 30 Attend "University Years To Go" (for Mainland Students)
Sep 2 Commencement of the 2019-20 Academic Year
Sep 2-16 Add/ Drop Classes via myPortal
School Welcome & Orientation
- Academic Registry | Email: email@example.com
- School of Science:
Mainland, Taiwan and Macau students: Ms Zara Tse | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International students: Miss Hermia Lee | Email: email@example.com
- School of Engineering: Ms Jessica Cheng | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Business & Management: Ms Bowie Yu | Email: email@example.com
- School of Humanities & Social Science: Ms Heidi Tsang | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office: Mr Matthew Chik | Email: email@example.com
- Non-academic matters - Office of Global Learning
Room 2001 (Lift 4) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (852) 2358 8178 | Website: http://nlss.ust.hk
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements
Please refer to the Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements page for details.