Finding & Borrowing Library Materials
You can borrow up to 50 items with your HKUST Card.
- Use Power Search to find out what the Library has and where things are.
- Login to My Account to check your library record, renew books, & place holds.
- Course Reserve (Circulation & Reserve Counter G/F): Course materials that instructors set aside for you to read, listen or view; 2-hour, 3-hour (media reserve), 1-day or 3-day loan. Some are available online via the Library Catalog
- Kindle Ebooks (Circulation & Reserve Counter G/F): 36 Kindle readers, each preloaded with hundreds of popular titles; 14-day loan
- Popular Books (G/F): general fiction, biographies, picture books, bestsellers, award winners, etc. for fun and enjoyment.
- Media Materials (LG1): Music CDs, movies and documentary films for 7-day loan;
- Books (LG3 and LG4): 4-week loan
- Electronic Resources: 630,500 electronic books, 299 databases and 118,700 e-journals, accessible both on campus and off campus
Books in other libraries
Use HKALL (Hong Kong Academic Library Link) to search and request books from other local universities for pick up at the Library's Circulation & Reserve Counter. 15 day loan. If the book you need is checked out, you may make a request using the interlibrary loan system, we will reserve it and borrow it for you when it is returned.
Be information smart
The Library gives workshops and creates online guides, e-learning videos and games to help you become information-smart, go beyond Google to find & use high quality information!