Each new student is issued a student identity card, the HKUST Card, on registration at the University.
The card is for
- Proof of identity
- Access to campus facilities/ premises
- Recording and presentation of special training/ attendance data
- e-purse payments at some campus facilities
After receiving your card, you should
- Immediately change the Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Verify your data on the card
The process can be made by log in to "myPotal" and choose "Manage my HKUST Card".
Your HKUST Card is the property of the University. It is not transferable and should be kept carefully. Falsification or misuse of the card may constitute an offence, which may lead to suspension of privileges and disciplinary action.