What to do
In the case of sudden illness or injury, accident, crime, fire or other emergency on campus that requires immediate assistance,
- call the Campus Security Control Center at 2358 8999; or
- call the Hong Kong city-wide emergency phone number 999 and then inform the Campus Security Control Center immediately after.
When you make the call,
- give your name, location and phone number;
- describe what happened;
- do not hang up until asked to do so; and
- follow any advice that the Security Control Center or the 999 Center may have for you.
Critical Incident Management Procedures
The University has in place a set of procedures in handling critical incidents. A critical incident is a traumatic event or situation that has the potential to:
- Cause or has caused severe physical injury, or loss of life to member(s) of the University community whether on-campus or off-campus; or
- Resulted in significant disruption to University’s normal operations.
In case of a critical incident, the Critical Incident Management Team will be activated to manage and coordinate the university community's responses. The Director of Student Affairs is a member of the Team for critical incidents involving students.