The University provides a variety of sports and recreational facilities for the enhancement and promotion of the total well-being of students.
- LG1 - S H Ho Sports Hall
With 1,600 square meters floor space, the Hall is a popular facility for sports such as badminton, basketball, volleyball and handball. Major sports events like the intervarsity and intramural sports competitions are held in the Hall.
- LG4 - Fitness Center
The Center is equipped with areobic equipment including treadmills, rowing ergometers, bicycles, elliptical trainers and so on. Other weight training equipments are also available including multi-gym stations, resistance training machines and free weights.
- UG Hall 9 Gymnasium
The Gymnasium is equipped with resistance training machines, treadmills, rowing machines and bicycle ergometers.
- Squash, Table Tennis and others
There are also squash courts, table tennis rooms, multi-purpose rooms for various forms of martial arts, fencing, dance and indoor archery and a 8 meters high sports climbing wall.
- Seafront - Indoor Swimming Pool
A 25-meter heated pool which is open during winter months, normally from Nov–Apr
- A 50-meter outdoor swimming pool, opens normally from Apr/May–Nov
- Fok Ying Tung Sports Center with an artificial turf soccer pitch and a 400-meter athletic track with 8 lanes
- A basketball court
- A mini-soccer pitch
- 9 Tennis courts
- A lawn Area, providing space for golf driving range, woodball fairways, archery shooting range and athletic throwing events
All indoor facilities are air-conditioned, while the outdoor facilities are floodlit except the lawn area and tennis court #3.
Booking procedures: https://sao.ust.hk/facilities/popup_facilities_booking_procedures.html
Advance bookings for individual recreation: to be made online at the Facilities Booking System (FBS)